In a perfect world, we would all be free from the daily sundries of labor. Everybody would be sitting on the beach, sipping pina coladas, without having to worry about deadlines or where the next paycheck will come from.
Back in the real world, however, the truth is much more bleak. The reality is that we are stuck with a 9-5 job, which we will likely do everyday until we reach retirement age or die an unexpected death. And that’s the reality for 99% of the human population, while the remaining 1% sip their Cristal champagne and sneer at the sweat of the toiling masses and the tears of pepper-sprayed Occupy protesters.
Even with a stable 9-5 job, however, your regular paycheck might be barely enough to cover your monthly expenses. Which is why it’s necessary for some of us to find additional sources of income.
Here are some sustainable sidelines that you can consider to increase your cash inflow.
In recent years, multi-level marketing (more commonly known as MLM) has taken a bad rap. This is because most members opt to recruit more people, rather than actually sell products. To be fair, it IS very hard to sell health supplements and weight loss pills with dubious effects.
Unlike most MLM companies, however, there is one that sells more marketable products: utilities. ACN Inc. provides telecommunications, TV, VoIP, Internet and even power. There are two ways you can earn money as an ACN independent distributor:
1. Sell products, ranging from Sprint and T-Mobile plans to VoIP services;
2. Recruit more distributors and earn a commission from their sales
Since the products are much more marketable than other MLM companies, you and your downlines have a greater chance of earning profit. In addition, should you need to take a break from direct selling, your recruits will still be selling and the cash will keep rolling in. All it takes is an initial investment, and the determination to sell practical services and convince others to join your venture.
No matter what industry you belong to, chances are you’ve picked up a great degree of knowledge and experience from your years in the profession. At the same time, with the economy still recovering, a lot of companies are now opting to hire part-time consultants rather than full-time employees to fill their ranks. There may be companies out there in need of your skills on a part-time basis.
If your contract allows you to hold a part-time position in non-competitor companies, put your experience to good use.
The Web is not just a place to meet people and spend cash on eBay or Amazon. You can also turn that screen into a profit-making machine.
Look up websites that specialize in part-time jobs, like oDesk. There are literally hundreds of job openings available that you can in your part-time, ranging from freelance writing to graphic design and data entry.